Aficio SP 4100N KP
Empower Every User With Secure Mobile Printing
|Give every mobile professional the freedom to easily print documents, e-mails, and Web content from Internet-enabled laptops, cell phones, and handheld devices without downloading drivers or installing additional software. Ricoh HotSpot technology ensures reliable access to driverless laser printing in a totally embedded, secure mobile printing system. The RICOH Aficio SP 4100N KP B/W HotSpot Printer provides reliable 31-ppm monochrome laser printing in a compact design. Ricoh HotSpot printing technology makes it easy to print anywhere.|
- Mobile handheld device printing — Simply forward any e-mail from PDAs or Internet-enabled cell phones – with or without attachments – to the HotSpot Printer’s e-mail address. No drivers required!
- Driverless Web-based printing — Surf to the HotSpot Printer Web address using any browser, and upload a file or enter the Web page URL to be printed. After submitting each print request, the service automatically replies to the sender’s e-mail address with a secure release code. At the keypad attached to the printer, the user then enters the code to release their print job.
- Simple installation — This turn-key system is self-configuring and ready to Print Simply Anywhere® in minutes. Access to the Internet is all that’s needed. Plus, every Ricoh Aficio SP 4100N-KP includes a one-year subscription to PrinterOn's mobile printing service.
- Totally embedded — All printer hardware enhancements are preconfigured; all software is pre-loaded, no additional support is required. That means no external appliances and no way for users to accidentally change system settings or access other jobs.
- A true All-in-One/One-for-All solution — This award-winning printer offers All-In-One print cartridge technology for simplified maintenance and low total cost of ownership.
- All print jobs are encrypted and transferred using 128-bit secure SSL communications.
- Security and peace of mind — After printing, every job is automatically erased from printer memory. No worries about unauthorized reprinting or data remaining on the hard drive.
- Set up the Ricoh Aficio SP 4100N-KP mobile printing solution as a free convenience to attract new customers, or as a chargeable printing service to increase revenues.
- Incorporate company logos and colors on the PrintSpots™ Web page to reflect your business identity and present HotSpot printing as a value-added service exclusive to your establishment.
- Customize the main user interface to add links to other websites, add new printers, or insert new screens for additional services, print job options, and job confirmation/approval steps.
- Support for third party billing systems — PrinterOn and WebPay Services Aps to enable hosted billing solutions so that the system can count the number of pages, calculate the job cost, and initiate a credit card billing sequence. When sending a job from a PC the service is called WebPay. When sending from a handheld device it is called MobilePay.
SP 4100N-KP Part #403080 Configuration Desktop Monochrome Laser Printer Imaging Process Laser beam scanning and electrophotographic printing using dry dual component toner development First Print Speed < 6.9 seconds Warm-Up Time < 19 seconds Print Resolution 300 x 300 dpi, 600 x 600 dpi, 1200 x 600 dpi CPU 400MHz Memory 256MB RAM (Standard/Maximum)
40GB Hard Disk Drive(Standard)
Printer Languages PCL5e, PCL6, Adobe® PostScript®3™ + PDF Direct, Ricoh Refined Print Command Stream (RPCS)*Page Description Languages are accessible for standard network printing only. Fonts 136 PostScript 3 fonts, 10 True Type fonts, 35 Intellifonts, 13 International fonts, 1 Bitmap font Standard Interfaces 10Base-T/100Base-TX Ethernet, USB 2.0, IEEE 1284 Parallel, USB Host Interface for Keypad, VM Card for JAVA-based device SDK option Network Protocols Simultaneous autosensing/autoswitching
TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, AppleTalk, SMB
Operating System Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003/Vista NetWare v 3.12, 3.2, 4.1, 4.11, 5.0, 5.1, 6, 6.5 Macintosh OS 8.6 – 9.2x, OS X 10.1 or later UNIX (using Ricoh UNIX filter) Citrix MetaFrame IBM AS/400 SAP R/3 Maximum Paper Capacity 1,600 sheets PrinterOn Service The Ricoh SP 4100N-KP ships with a one-year subscription to the PrinterOn Service which must be registered in order to be active. Consumable Yields The Ricoh SP 4100N-KP ships with a starter All-In-One print cartridge with a 6,000-page yield. All other consumables ship at full yield.
Paper Feed Unit Type TK 1030* Part #402807 Envelope Feeder Type 400* Part #400939 (requires #402087) *Optional Paper Feed Units and Envelope Printing can only be accessed when the printer is used as a standard network printer. Duplex Unit AD 1000 Part #402808 Ricoh BB-HPL10A-R Ethernet Adaptor Part #100123FNG All-in-One Print Cartridge Part #402809 (15,000-page yield*) *Declared yield value in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752; actual yields vary based on images printed and other factors. Maintenance Kit Part #402815(Recommended @ 90,000-page intervals PrinterOn Two-year Service Extension Part #003357MIU Three Year HotSpot Service Subscription Extension Part #004813MIU Four Year HotSpot Service Subscription Extension Part #004814MIU